Table of Contents
Anyone who needs to transport some items faster and conveniently can use a folding hand truck. The folding hand trucks are fitted with large swivel wheels that easily maneuver on all types of floors and terrains. Again, they are ruggedly built to withstand different loads. Some can accommodate up to 300lbs or above whereas small units can only carry 110lbs. They are highly versatile products that can be used at home, in the office, and at airports among others.
The modern folding hand trucks have 2-in-1 designs, which allow them to switch from 2-wheeled trucks to four-wheeled carts. Again, other products are equipped with stair climbing wheels to allow for simple transportation on the stairs.
How to Use Folding Hand Truck?
Using a hand truck is simpler and doesn’t need any special training. Before using the truck, make sure you know the weight load capacity not to overload it. Again, for the 2-in-1 trucks, get to switch it to the preferred option.
1: Begin by placing the truck in a flat position so that it doesn’t wobble. Carefully load all the items you may need and remember not to carry too much.
2: When you may be moving them over a long distance or on unstable terrains, tying them is recommended. This will keep the items from falling off the truck.
3: Once done loading, lift the truck to the ideal height to get proper balance with the wheel. This will allow for effortless pulling or pushing of the truck.
4: At the point of delivery, untie and unload the items.
How to Install a Folding Hand Truck?
To install your folding hand truck, here are the simple steps to follow;
- Start with the frame of the hand truck then attach the side channel reinforcement.
- Secondly, install the side handle at the top of the frame before you cap the frame ends using the end caps
- Now attach the 4th wheel on the frames. Use the clevis pin to secure the shaft on the frame.
- The next step should be sliding the nose plate underneath the frame. Make sure you properly align the frames to the folding nose.
- Step six should be securing the folding nose at an upright position using the Velcro straps attached to the frame.
- Lastly, install the wheel assemblies to the axle.
What are the Benefits of Folding Hand Trucks?
From versatility to great stability, folding hand trucks provide myriad benefits. Here are some of the reasons why you need to invest in a folding hand truck.
- Improved Productivity: When using a folding hand truck, you can handle more tasks faster compared to carrying the loads by hand. Due to this, you will experience less fatigue and exhaustion; hence you get to work more and longer. The result becomes better productivity for the company. Manufacturers will, therefore, not need to employ more human labor to handle their tasks.
- Highly Versatile and Reliable: Since the hand trucks are designed for all users, they are versatile units that you can use anywhere anytime. First, they are foldable and lightweight units you can transport; hence applicable at home, airports, and offices. Besides this, they are designed to carry different loads from one point to the other.
- Still, you can switch a 2-in-1 hand truck from a 2-wheeled cart to a 4-wheeled truck. Because of this, they are great for everyday tasks.
- Injury-Free Workplace: Designed with safety in mind, the folding hand trucks will ensure safety at the workplace. To begin with, they have smooth wheels that easily maneuver on all types of floors. Besides this, the hand trucks have no attachments that can injure the user. This makes them great for everyday operation and will serve perfectly. After use, you can compactly fold and store.
- Cost-Effective: For bigger companies and offices that have more delivery and other tasks, you will require the aid of human labor. However, when you invest in a folding hand truck, you will need less human labor. This is because a hand truck will replace the users and handle the tasks in a shorter time. Besides this, the hand trucks are generally affordable; hence a nice investment for any company.
- Rugged and Durable: You don’t need something that will fail you sooner. This is why you should think of investing in a folding hand truck. The hand trucks are crafted from heavy-duty and durable frames. Again, they are fitted with bigger rubber wheels that allow simple maneuverability. Due to this, they can withstand different loads for years; hence a great piece for your daily cores.
- Foldable and Portable: The hand trucks are fully foldable, which makes them excellent to keep safe after every use. A hand truck will compactly fold to fit even smaller spaces. Besides this, they have lightweight designs and fit into the car trunk. Due to this, you can transport for application anywhere required.
Generally, a foldable hand truck makes work simpler and easier. Loads that you might take hours transporting will be done in minutes when you got a hand truck. They are versatile and reliable products you can use at the home, office, or any other workplace. Still, they are strong and stable units that will serve just as needed. Lastly, these units are very safe and with the ergonomic handles, you get to use them comfortably.