Table of Contents
A leg compressor device allows the user to improve their blood circulation in the body and also speed up recovery time. Generally, this machine offers so many functions that impact the muscles with the aim to get relief from different medical conditions. For instance, people who suffer from pain and inflammation go through a lot and they are forced to get a way of overcoming these problems. This is where the leg compression machine comes in. Among the issues that this machine has been used for include treating lymphedema, peripheral artery, and varicose vein.
How a leg compression machine works
Before understanding what the machine does and the benefits it offers, it is important to know exactly how the leg compression machine works. Well, the machine comes with a pair of zipped cuffs to cover every leg. The majority of these machines are controlled remotely via a handheld controller. This, therefore, allows you to choose the pressure that suits you. The cuffs are attached to the pump and on a vibe with a wireless controller allowing you to manage the pressure.
What does a leg compression machine do?
There are so many causes of poor blood circulation in the veins and arteries. One of these causes is remaining in the standing or sitting position for too long. There are also different medical conditions that lead to poor blood circulation. You will also realize that there are times when tough workouts tear down your muscles and the body takes too long to heal them. What a leg compression machine does is promote blood circulation allowing you to treat every muscle on the leg. This is how a leg compression machine does away with this kind of issue. The machine works through a gentle airflow in order to improve the circulation of blood. With that, you get relief from the soreness that could have been brought by different medical conditions like diabetes.
Benefits of a leg compression therapy
There are several reasons why health professionals and fitness experts will recommend the leg compression machine. It is known that the machine immensely helps in promoting blood circulation in your veins and arteries. The good thing about the machine is that it can be effectively used at home. Luckily, there are little to no side effects using leg compression machines meaning that you are bound to reap its benefits. Below are some benefits that you will enjoy from using a leg compression machine:
- Promoting blood circulation- this machine helps to improve blood circulation in your leg area which occurs as a result of an achy sensation as well as heaviness after a busy day. Proper blood circulation will bring relief and also speed up the healing process for the infected area.
- Maintain the lymph flow- leg compressor machines keep the lymph flow that prevents a condition referred to as lymphedema. It will keep the body in its prime condition with all the toxins and waste products eliminated from your body.
- Relaxation and comfort- using a leg compression machine will bring you the utmost comfort and relaxation from all types of pain and inflammation. With this, the user will better manage different health conditions and lead a very productive life.
- Reducing swelling from edema- the leg compression device reduces swelling caused by edema. By reducing the fluid that has been accumulated in the feet as well as the body, your body gets increased mobility. This also protects your muscles, your connective tissue, and your veins from any further damage.
- Helps to tone the skin- a leg compression machine will also tone the skin by simply increasing the body’s metabolic rate. It will break the cellulite, help in the metabolism of fat, and basically reinforce the connective tissues.
As a result of technological advancements, these machines are made in portable sizes. This, therefore, means that you can take them anywhere that you will be going. Most of them come with a carry bag keeping in mind that their setup process is very simple. Home lovers will therefore enjoy using it to recover their legs, particularly people suffering from surgery soreness, trauma, and daily tear. It can also be used in the office conveniently.
There are few side effects regarding the use of leg compression machines. The good thing about it is that you can avoid these side effects when you use the machine the right way. Treatments are normally non-invasive so there is nothing to worry about. The recent versions of these machines are even equipped with safety features like automatic shut-off. This means that the machine will run for a preset period of time and turn off automatically after the session. That helps to prevent safety issues like overheating or overuse. You therefore never have to worry about falling asleep and forgetting to turn the machine off.
Using a leg compression machine is safe but it is always a good idea to consult with your physician before beginning this therapy. You ought to understand that most people use this machine for non-medical reasons, especially athletes. However, there are still instances where your doctor could recommend therapy with a leg compression machine. For instance, people looking for relief from swelling or lymphedema will use the machine. In this case, a doctor’s advice before use will be paramount. You also need to get the best leg compression machine from the many available options in the market. All in all, the machines have been long used in rehab therapy. They have also been clinically approved to bring pain relief and also sped up the healing process.