Table of Contents
People love their coffee either iced or hot but it is quite disappointing to find out that your favorite coffee has lost its ideal temperature. Just imagine a chilly morning having packed your hot coffee only for it cold a few moments later. It is disappointing, right? The good thing is that such will be instances of the past after you get yourself the best double-walled coffee mugs. These coffee mugs are ideally insulating devices that have been made to eliminate any heat loss or heat gain. As such, your hot coffee will always be warm while cold coffee remains cool. Double-walled coffee mugs feature two separate glass walls that have been separated by a very thin air layer. This prevents any heat transfer to or from your beverage. Learn more about double-walled coffee mugs below!
Types of double wall coffee mugs
Double wall coffee mugs arrive in different shapes and sizes. You will get them short, tall, decorated, plain and so many other designs. Here are some fantastic designs that are available for double wall mugs:
- Double wall coffee mugs- these are the common mugs that you will currently get in the market. They are the best for keeping your coffee hot during lengthy Zoom meetings.
- Double wall tea cups- the same case with coffee, tea is a hot beverage that cools down so fast. If you wish to sip some hot tea on a rainy day, double wall tea cups come in handy.
- Double wall ceramic mugs- ceramic is a commonly used material when it comes to double wall mugs. The double wall structure will break the absorbent structure in ceramic.
- Double wall glass latte mugs- needless to say, double wall mugs are the best options when you are drinking coffee. If you love lattes, this kind of mug will be the best option for you.
What are double wall coffee mugs for?
Double wall coffee mugs are meant to keep your beverages cool or warm by retaining heat. The inner wall of these coffee mugs keeps the coffee at its original temperature while its exterior glass remains at room temperature. Quality double wall coffee mugs maintain the temperature of your beverages, reduce any condensation, and also add charm to the kitchen. If you, therefore like your coffee warm during those chilly mornings, double wall coffee mugs will always come in handy.
The benefit of the double-wall coffee mug
If you are yet to make up your mind whether or not to buy a double wall coffee mug, you might want to learn about a few benefits of these mugs. Some of the notable benefits that double wall coffee mugs bring on board include:
The main reason why you will be buying a double wall coffee mug will be temperature regulation. It can keep your liquids at a constant temperature. Liquids tend to get to room temperature whenever they are in contact with the ambient air. However, insulated mugs will reduce the air layer that beverages are exposed to by simply adding some thick material around your beverage. If temperature retention is an aspect you would love for your beverage, double wall coffee mugs will be a good choice.
Double wall mugs have condensation-resistant abilities and will therefore not form any exterior condensation as the single wall cups do. If you can no longer afford to have your coffee mug ‘sweat’ every morning, opt for double wall coffee mugs. This can be disappointing especially if these water drops drop off your newspaper. As opposed to wiping water drops off your mug, relax knowing that double wall mugs will have no watery mess waiting for you to clean.
Improved health and safety
When you are sipping warm beverages, it is very vital to consider the construction quality of your mugs. This is because some materials are safe while others are not. Plastic cups won’t shatter when subjected to hot liquids as glass or ceramic options do. However, they can quickly melt and consequently introduce some harmful chemicals to your beverage. Ceramic options are safer but not necessarily non-toxic. The reason why you should opt for double wall mugs is the fact that they feature borosilicate glass. This is safe, durable, and non-toxic compared to common glass.
The aesthetic aspect of your double wall coffee mugs also comes into play in a big way as well. Compared to the common coffee mugs, most double-wall coffee mugs feature glass material. With this, you can easily look through the mug to see its contents. With the double wall design, you will have some optical illusion making the drink seem floating inside. These mugs could also feature artistic exterior angles that add some modern touch to the glassware.
Few things to consider when you are choosing the double wall coffee mug
First things first, when going shopping for insulated coffee mugs, it is always advisable to sit back and ask yourself what you are looking for in a coffee mug. Double-walled coffee has different designs and different features. Below are some of the important factors that you will need to consider when buying double-walled coffee mugs.
- Size: It is rather obvious that coffee mugs arrive in different sizes. With that in mind, it is upon the buyer to decide what size they would wish for in a coffee mug. The smallest coffee mug has an average size of 6oz. while the largest one is roughly 16oz. in size. To pick your ideal coffee mug size, you must figure out your daily coffee intake. If you are the kind of person who likes going out for coffee daily, you might want to order a double-walled coffee mug with a 10oz. capacity or more. For irregular coffee consumers, a coffee mug size of 7oz. It would be a great pick.
- Handle type: Double-walled glass coffee cups are susceptible to damage. This makes it very important to choose coffee mugs with strong and thick handles. If you are the kind of person who drops things often, a handle will greatly help you to avoid broken mugs anymore. Similarly, it is a good idea to consider the shape and the type of handle when choosing a dishwasher-safe coffee mug. For instance, double-walled mugs that have thin and dainty hands are more prone to breaking or shattering in your dishwasher. If you aren’t cautious enough, daintier handles will break off easily. The bottom line, therefore, is to choose mugs with thick and solid handles.
- Temperature endurance: Different double wall coffee mugs can withstand a temperature of up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Others have a very low high temperature endurance. If you are therefore looking to enjoy hot or warm beverages, you must make sure that your coffee mug handles these drinks while maintaining a regular temperature. Still, on that, get to know that some coffee mugs will withstand very hot temperatures but are easily susceptible to a thermal shock. This means that they will easily crack in very cold temperatures. Before choosing a double wall coffee mug, therefore, ensure that it has the best temperature endurance.
- Washability: If you are aiming to get a coffee mug that will easily be popped into a dishwasher with no fear that it might break, choose a dishwasher coffee mug. Even though most coffee mugs that are insulated are dishwasher-safe, some are only meant to be washed by hand with some soapy water. Similarly, for ease of cleaning, you are advised to choose those mugs that have a wider mouth as opposed to a small mouth. This way, cleaning becomes so much effortless.
- Purpose: We agree that most double-wall coffee mugs are made for those hot beverages. However, some come with unique features and are generally inclined to very specific drinks. For instance, double wall mugs are meant for lattes, coffee, espresso, and much more. The difference boils down to size and shape. Espresso mugs, for instance, are bound to be smaller compared to the common coffee mugs. With that in mind, choosing a mug for your favorite beverage helps you to get the most from your mug.
Coffee lovers understand the importance of keeping coffee at the ideal temperature. This helps to preserve the taste and the aroma that most coffee enthusiasts like. This is however not achievable if you will be using the common coffee mugs. With double wall coffee mugs, however, you are bound to enjoy every sip of your beverage. They work by a very simple principle of shielding your beverage from the outside temperature. Other than temperature control, double-wall coffee mugs prove to have a better aesthetic appeal than conventional single-wall coffee cups. Better still, they are safe having been made of quality borosilicate glass. You, therefore, never risk contaminating your beverage with harmful chemicals.
Leave a Reply