Table of Contents
The love of music is universal, what differs is the genre that soothes the ears of every listener. Listening to music or a podcast is one of those things that everyone enjoys while handling other tasks that do not require a lot of mental energy in concentration. Therefore you can consume media when cooking, working out, working, walking, and traveling among other indoor and outdoor activities.
The best way to do this is by using a neckband speaker with Bluetooth. This is because the gadget is lightweight. Versatile, portable, compact, and comfortable around your neck. Here is an article that explores why you need to invest in a neckband speaker with Bluetooth and helps you understand more about this speaker system.
How Does the Multi-point Connection of Neck Speakers Work?
This feature involves connecting the neckband speaker system with a pair of Bluetooth devices. The connection happens at a go and it is maintained simultaneously. One connection can be made to a smartphone for making or answering calls while the other connection goes to a laptop for music playback.
This Bluetooth technology requires you to enable connectivity on two different gadgets. Then switch on the pairing mode of each gadget, after which you press the multi-function button on the speaker. Consequently, pair each device at a time.
For some speaker systems, if you turn them off, the next moment you turn them on, they will connect to the last paired gadget. Therefore, you will have to manually connect the first device for both to be connected at a go.
Nonetheless, this does not apply to all products. You will need to go through the manual to figure out how your speaker system works.
Care and Maintenance Tips
Before using any neckband speakers with Bluetooth, make sure you have gone through the user manual for specific care and maintenance tips for that particular product. However, here are general care and maintenance guidelines for these speaker systems.
- Not all speaker systems are waterproof. Therefore, if yours is not waterproof, keep it off from water and moisture to enhance its longevity and prevent electric shocks.
- For water-resistant models, find out to what degree the device is waterproof to prevent malfunction
- Protect the speaker system from chemical ingredients exposure
- Use a dry and soft cloth to clean soil stains from the unit.
- Always wipe the unit after every use to get rid of moisture that might later facilitate the formation of mold and stains.
- Never use detergent, alcohol, thinner, or benzene among other solutions to clean the unit because it will interfere with the water resistance of the product
- Always ensures that the battery is fully charged before unplugging it for a long-lasting battery
- The charging cable should not be shared to charge other devices do not blast the neckband speaker with Bluetooth to the highest volume for long-lasting battery use
Neckband Speaker vs. Headphones Neckband Speaker
When choosing between buying neckband speakers and headphone speakers, there are various criteria to consider. These criteria include;
- Connectivity and compatibility
- Reliability and longevity
- Surround sound and sound quality
1. Purpose: You must understand why you need to buy the speaker system in order to pick the best that meets your purpose. For instance, a neckband speaker is ideal for movie streaming, multi-tasking, working out, traveling, and exercising. The headphone speaker on the other hand is perfect for gaming, online streaming, online interviews, and conference calls.
2. Compatibility and connectivity: Neckband speakers with Bluetooth can connect to any Bluetooth-enabled device. Therefore, they feature wide compatibility with modern gadgets.
However, headphone speakers are mainly wired and this can limit their compatibility with most devices, depending on the type of jack that the headphone uses.
Nonetheless, the market has Bluetooth-enabled headphone speakers to enhance compatibility with modern devices.
3. Surround sound and sound quality: Neckband speakers have a good sound quality but headphone speakers have an amazing surround sound with good bass.
4. Reliability and longevity: The neckband speakers feature water-resistant and flexible construction that enhances their durability.
Additionally, they have no wires, joints, or moving parts, making them long-lasting. They are, therefore, reliable gadgets that serve you for a long time, especially if they come with a large capacity battery.
The headphone speakers, on the other hand, might come with wires, which make them more fragile. They also feature several parts, which increase their chances of getting damaged. Some headphone speakers are Bluetooth enabled, eliminating the use of wires.
5. Comfort: A neckband speaker rests on your shoulders and comes with a lightweight design. This allows you to have it all day without even noticing it is on you. The headphone speakers on the other hand are a little bulkier than neckband speakers. Besides, you cannot use them all day long as their prolonged use comes with some discomfort.
Wired vs. Wireless Neckband Speakers
These two models meet the same purpose but with varying convenience. A wired neckband speaker requires you to use the product while carrying the wire around to enjoy music and podcasts. This means that for you to move around, you must connect the speaker system to a device that you can carry around like your phone.
Otherwise, when connected to computers, TVs, and home theaters, you cannot move around at all. The wireless neckband speaker on the other hand gives you the freedom to move anywhere you need to as long as the connectivity range is not compromised. Therefore, if you are multitasking like cooking or working around the house or office, the wireless neckband speaker will suit your needs.
How Does the Built-in Mic Work?
A built-in mic allows you to answer incoming phone calls as you enjoy your music. This means that you do not have to carry your phone around to answer calls when you have a neckband speaker with Bluetooth.
To pick a call, the procedure depends on the specific model you have. Therefore, consult your user manual for specific directions. When answering a call, the music or podcast pauses from playing until you are through with the call, after which music resumes.
A neckband speaker with Bluetooth comes with great convenience and has numerous advantages including portability, comfort, wide application, and ultimate flexibility. Get one for yourself or a loved one and spice their day-to-day activities with great convenience.