Table of Contents
Making your favorite meatballs and sausages at home hasn’t been this easy before. With the introduction of electric meat grinders, you will easily grind meat to the preferred sizes and shapes. This implies that meat grinders are excellent additions to the kitchen supplies plus ideal for commercial uses. Designed with safety in mind, the food grinders guarantee healthy grinding thanks to the food-grade materials. More interestingly, they are compactly designed to occupy the least space on the countertop, and with the rubber base, they don’t slip off the tabletop. Below are the benefits of using meat grinders and how to clean meat grinders.
The Cabela’s meat grinder is one outstanding machine you would wish to have in the kitchen. It is a fantastic piece with a powerful motor to deliver top-notch services. Who makes Cabela’s machine, is made by Weston. The versatile machine is excellent for most types of meat including pork, beef, caribou, and vegetables among others.
The meat grinder was invented in 1961 by Richard N. Cabela; hence the name Cabela’s meat grinder. They are manufactured in the USA and deliver exceptional performances due to their amazing horsepower.
- Benefits of Using Meat Grinders: When it comes to the benefits of using meat grinders, the chefs and housewives will always know how beneficial they are. The kitchen tool has myriad benefits that make it a nice addition to any kitchen. Here are some of the main reasons why you will need a meat grinder for your kitchen.
- 100% Fresh: When you wish to get fresh ground meat, never go to the market. Some of the ground meat at the market will have lasted for days. However, with the meat grinder in the kitchen, always expect fresh ground meat anytime you need it.
- Favorite Taste: Again, when you need to add your favorite flavors and ingredients to the meat, you must grind it on your own. Purchasing ground meats at the market will not provide you with the ideal taste you need. This is because some of the meat has been added with different additives, fats, and salts. However, when you decide to grind it in your kitchen, you will add only what you need to achieve the desired taste.
- Healthy: For a healthy move, why not grind your meat at home with the best meat grinder? Since meat grinding plants are known for assorting meat from different animals, there is a higher risk of picking bacteria. Even though most of these plants comply with health standards, you are not guaranteed 100% safety. You should, therefore, consider grinding meat at home where you don’t have to mix the meat for great health.
- Cost-Effective: Another benefit of using a meat grinder is that it saves you some money. When you buy grounded meat, you will incur more for the grinding process. For folks with meat grinders at home, you can handle the grinding process on your own saving you cash. For the hunters, you don’t need to take the meat to the butcher for grinding.
- You Are in Control: With your meat grinder, you are always in control of the amount of fat you need. This is contrary to buying ground meat, which comes with different levels of fat content. Grinding meat at home enables you to achieve a good ole blend of 80/20% or a super-low and healthy combination of 95/5%.
- Good Meat Quality: You can only know about the quality of the meat when you grind it on your own. This is because you are never in control of the meat being grounded by the butcher or different plants. When you choose to grind meat at home, you are 100% sure of the type and quality of meat. You can always pick on the grass-fed, corn-fed, or locally raised animal depending on your taste and preference.
- Customization: By being in control, you can always customize the machine to achieve the ideal taste. This isn’t the case when you buy the meat at the butcher or from any plant. From different cuts, you will experience various textures and tastes. At home, you can always try out different cuts including ox-tail, sirloin, short ribs, chuck, and brisket among others. This will bring amazing taste to your burger. All these can only be achieved by getting the ultimate meat grinder for your kitchen.
It is necessary to keep the meat grinder clean for the next use. For effective cleaning, make sure to clean the machine immediately after using it. This will prevent the meatballs from solidifying and sticking together. Clean the meat grinder in these simple steps.
- Step1: Run Pieces of Bread: Begin by running small pieces of bread through the grinder. This is necessary for the soaking and removal of grease and oil left behind.
- Step2: Detach the Parts: You should now carefully remove all the detachable parts of the grinder. Start by removing the tray, feed tube, and hopper. Again, you should unscrew its metal cover where the meat ground gets out through.
- Step 3: Completely Soak in Soapy Water: Since most of the parts aren’t dishwasher safe, fully soak the parts like the feed tube, blade, metal tray, and others in soapy water. The plastic or glass containers are to be filled with warm water. You can also add baking soda or detergents for proper cleaning. Allow them to soak for about 15 minutes.
- Step 4: Hand Wash the Disassembled Parts: After soaking for 15 minutes, you should now wash each part separately. Have a sponge for scrubbing the parts to get rid of raw meat. Always apply appropriate pressure when cleaning and take adequate time to clean all the parts. Also, clean the inside plus outside of the grinder.
- Step 5: Leave to Completely Dry: Now let all the parts including the grinder itself dry out. Alternatively, you can use a dry towel for drying all the parts before storing them.
After cleaning, it is time to store the machine safely for the next use. Here are simple tips on how to store the machine.
- Lubricate All the Parts: Use food-grade mineral oil in a spray bottle to fully lubricate only the non-electric metallic parts. By lubricating the parts, you are preventing rust from building up on the metal surfaces.
- Keep the Parts Separately: You will need to get separate cases or bags to keep the parts. This is vital to keep them safe from unnecessary damage. Adding rice to the bags will aid in absorbing leftover moisture to keep them dry.
- Store in a Cool Place: The bags should be kept in cool places like a freezer. However, when the freezer doesn’t have adequate space, keep them in the dry spots at home. This is to enhance the performance of every part of the grinder.