Table of Contents
For both amateurs and professionals, you will need to get the best inflatable paddle board. The paddle boards are versatile and reliable for all levels of users; hence great pieces to consider.
What is an Inflatable Paddle Board?
An inflatable paddle board is a lightweight portable type of paddle you can carry with you to any place. They are inflatable pieces that come with superior hand pumps for faster inflation and deflation. Again, they roll up into a sleeping bag, which makes them a breeze to store. Unlike, the traditional hard paddles boards, they are very convenient and last longer. Besides this, the inflatable paddle boards deliver exceptional maneuverability and glide. Below are the guides on how to clean inflatable paddle boards and storage tips.
Benefits of Using Inflatable Paddle Boards
There are myriad benefits you will get when you pick the best inflatable paddle board. Below are some of the reasons why you should get started with an inflatable paddle board.
Highly Durable: You will need a product that serves you longer. The inflatable paddle boards are highly durable and rigid to serve for more than five years. They have been crafted from durable military-grade materials including neoprene, aluminum, and PVC. The decks are covered in anti-slip EVA foams, which makes them safe and delivers better maneuverability. Besides this, the inflatable paddle boards are immortal to leaks and tears. You can apply them in both salt and fresh water bodies, which makes them excellent for river, ocean, and lake paddling.
Lightweight and Portable: When you compare the hard paddle boards to inflatable paddle boards, you will realize that you can comfortably transport the inflatable pieces. Thankfully, they have lightweight compact designs with weights of 15-30lbs. Due to this, you will not need a truck or SUV to transport the paddle board to and fro the beach. Still, they come in carrying bags for great convenience; hence the ultimate options for paddling.
Versatile and Ergonomic: The inflatable paddle boards are highly versatile and convenient to serve accordingly. They are designed for both beginners and professionals. With the wide variety of all-around paddle boards, you can always pick what will meet your paddling demands. They are excellent for all types of water – including lakes, rivers, and oceans. Due to this, you can apply the paddle boards for SUP paddling, yoga, paddle boarding, fishing, surfing, and more.
These units are user-friendly plus come with floating aluminum/fiberglass paddles, which float to ensure simple easy paddling. Other accessories like a leash, hand pump, and waterproof bag are also included to get you started.
Saves on Storage: Due to the lightweight compact designs and carrying bags of the inflatable paddle boards, you can comfortably store them. They are rolled to about 37-inches in length and 12-inches in diameter, making them a breeze to keep even in limited spaces. Moreover, they come with a 3-piece paddle you can adjust from 65 to 82-inches for a convenient fit in the bag. This coupled with the lightweight design, you will easily move and keep safely after use.
Reduces Fatigue and Injury: Equipped with non-slip wider EVA foam decks, the inflatable paddle boards are exceptional pieces that will keep comfortable when paddling. The soft decks will reduce the fatigue that may result from long hours of standing. Also, the decks bring about good maneuverability and enhanced speed control.
The high-quality traction pads will deliver better cushioning to improve the grip. However, in case you fall on the deck, you will not get injured, making them very safe for both humans and pets.
How to Clean Inflatable Paddle Boards
Since the lifespan of the inflatable paddle boards depends on how well they are maintained, ensure that you are properly clean and maintain the board after every use. Here are some simple and quick tips for cleaning the paddle boards.
- First and foremost: you should carefully rinse the paddle board. Use fresh water, which should remove gravel, debris, and dirt. This is recommended for anyone using the paddle board in saltwater. The saltwater will corrode or even weaken the seam; hence carefully rinse with fresh water after paddling. For folks paddling in fresh water, you will not need to rinse it after every use.
- Secondly: you need to clean the body of the paddle deck. You are advised to apply natural biodegradable cleaner like natural soap, which is excellent for PVC material used in making the most inflatable paddle boards. When you require to get rid of the stains on the traction pad, apply a natural soap then scrub gently to prevent shredding the pads.
- To keep the unit safe from direct UV rays, you may consider using Onit Pro Blue Goo which is considered highly effective and safe for the environment.
- Thirdly: you should do another rinsing. Once done with the cleaning and scrubbing of the pad, thoroughly rinse the surface of the deck with fresh clean water to remove the soap.
- Lastly: you should completely dry the paddle board before storage. When you keep the paddle board wet, it will enhance the growth of mold and bacteria, which may shorten the lifespan of the board. To completely dry, consider using an old towel to fully dry the water. You may leave it to dry longer when you will be keeping it for long.
How to Store Inflatable Paddle Boards?
When done with the cleaning and drying of the paddle board, make sure the unit is stored safely. First, make sure the board is completely dry. Now, fold your board but DON’T roll it. Since the fin box will not bend, you should lay it flat and nice. Fit the inflatable paddle board in the carrying case. Also, include all the accessories of the board including the leash, hand pump, waterproof bag, and more.
The accessories should be placed at the top in a proper laying position, which is necessary to put less stress on the seam sides. Never place anything on top of the bag. With this, you are guaranteed the safety of the paddle board during the winter season.
Leave a Reply