Table of Contents
- Jig Saw Vs Reciprocating Saw
- Things to Consider Before You Buy
- Frequently Asked Questions
A jig saw is an important addition to the tool supplies. This is because of the versatility and efficiency of the tool. This type of tool has an ergonomic design coupled with lightweight, making it comfy to hold and use longer. Moreover, the jig saws are widely applicable since you can employ them for cutting different metals. For example, they can cut aluminum, steel, plastic, and wood among others. That said, these tools run on high-performance motors that generate higher torque for amazing aggressiveness. Still, they function at adjustable speeds, you can regulate them to achieve the perfect speed for every cutting need.
The jig saws are engineered from premium quality materials, which ensures years of operation. Besides this, the tools are equipped with superior blades that you can alter and cuts precisely on different materials. When shopping for the best jig saws, you need to consider different features and factors. Some of these include the price, design, speeds, motor, and efficiency among others. In this article, we have discussed in detail the different considerations when buying a jig saw. Besides this, you will find the best jig saws in reviews, and how to use a jig saw.
Jig Saw Vs Reciprocating Saw
Despite being designed for most DIY and professional cuttings, these products operate differently and depending on what you need to cut, you should pick a tool that best suits you.
- First and foremost, the jig saw has a vertical blade position, unlike the reciprocating saw with a horizontal blade.
- Besides this, the jig saws are great for precise bevel cuts, curved cuts, and plunge cutting among others. For the reciprocating saws, they are ideal for most vertical and horizontal cuts.
- To add more, the tools are highly versatile and lightweight for amazing performances as compared to reciprocating saws. You can use them for cutting different types of materials like wood, metal, ceramic, and plastic among others, which doesn’t apply to the reciprocating saws.
Why Should You Buy Jig Saw?
There are different reasons why you will need to get the perfect jig saw for most cutting needs. Some of these include;
- The jig saws are very efficient and reliable. You will get them great for cutting at variable speeds and aggressiveness.
- More interestingly, the jig saws are highly versatile as you can use them for most cutting tasks. For example, they are perfect for tiles, plastic, wood, and metal among others.
- The tools are available in both corded and cordless options to get what will suit your demands. Besides this, they allow for simple and faster alteration of blades.
What are the Best Jig Saws?
To find the best jig saw, you will need to look for different features and factors. Some of these include the power source, motor, speed, and blade type among others.
RYOBI ONE+ 18V HP Brushless Cordless Jig Saw
For efficient and precise cuts on different wood materials, RYOBI cordless jig saw is a perfect product you may consider. The jig saw has an ergonomic design coupled with the lightweight, making it simpler to operate and deliver amazing functionality. More interestingly, the unit runs on a powerful brushless motor, which provides great torque to ensure up to 36% faster cutting. Moreover, this also contributes to about 78% longer runtime; hence will guarantee amazing tasks.
More interestingly, this quality product from RYOBI is powered by a battery, which guarantees a longer operation time. Due to this, you will find it awesome for application anywhere required. Equipped with a tool-free bevel adjustment, it allows you to easily alter the bevel plus a locking at 45 degrees to both right and left sides. This product is designed from high-quality durable material, which ensures prolonged use, and with the high-speed steel blades, it provides a smooth efficient cuts. Still, the jig saw has on-board LED lights, which work efficiently to offer illumination under low light conditions. It has a total of four orbital settings to ensure proper cutting versatility; hence you get to rely on the tool for amazing services.
- Blade Material: High-Speed Steel
- Voltage: 18 Volts
- Package Dimensions: 9.25 x 8.15 x 3.23 inches
- Item Weight: 4.44 pounds
ENGiNDOT 6.7 Amp 6 Variable Speed 800W jig Saw
The motor determines the efficiency of the jig saw. Here is a great unit equipped with a 6.7-Amp pure copper motor to deliver great torque and faster cutting. ENGiNDOT jig saw also operates at six variable speeds, which you can set from 0-3,000 SPM for precise and reliable cutting. The versatile tool is great for cutting different materials including wood, metal, and plastic materials; hence one you can rely on for top-notch functionality.
The jig saw is fitted with a large built-in laser LED light that will offer excellent illumination under low light conditions. Because of this, you get to use the tool even at night hours. Moreover, the product got an adjustable aluminum footplate for simple beveling of the unit to 45 degrees to both right and left angles. Apart from this, the ENGiNDOT jig saw features a dust extraction that will keep the working surface clean. It has a total of 4 orbital settings that bring about amazing versatility and durability.
- Material: PA66-GF30 + Aluminum + Metal
- Product Dimensions: 10.87″L x 8.54″W x 3.35″H
- Voltage: 120 Volts (AC)
- Item Weight: 7.52 Pounds
Greenworks 24V Jig Saw Brushless Cordless
Here is a top-rated and efficient cordless jig saw you never want to miss. The jig saw is powered by a 2Ah lithium-ion rechargeable battery, which delivers a longer operation time. Besides this, it also offers you a 2A fast charger for a quick recharge. Second, to this, the tool features a powerful brushless motor, which delivers awesome torque for top-notch speeds and precise cuttings. You can adjust the speed of the unit to six settings ranging from 0-3,000 SPM; hence a great option for different cutting tasks. Greenworks jig saw has a total of four orbital settings, which allows you to adjust the cutting aggressiveness and speed to achieve amazing results.
This product has a lightweight ergonomic design; hence you get to comfortably handle it when cutting. The tool-free quick clamp system means that you get to change the blade easily and safely. The jig saw also features a built-in LED light that will offer excellent illumination under low light conditions for use anytime.
- Blade Material: High-Speed Steel
- Product Dimensions: 9.2″L x 2.9″W x 8.3″H
- Voltage: 24 Volts
- Item Weight: 7.2 Pounds
DEWALT 20V MAX Jig Saw
This high-quality and efficient jig saw from DEWALT is a great unit you can use for most operations. The product has a simpler ergonomic design and is lightweight, which allows you to hold it longer when cutting. Besides this, it has a total of four orbital positions that bring about great control for speed and cutting quality. To add more, it runs on a high-performance brushless motor to offer amazing torque and speeds for faster and more efficient cutting. More interestingly, this jig saw is designed from all-metal material built, and with the lever-action keyless blades, you get to alter the blades faster and easier.
The product has a total of three teeth that will offer amazing on different materials. Still, it features an integrated dust blower to aid in clearing the working space for proper sight when cutting. Also, it features a bright LED light to offer illumination when cutting under low light conditions. Operating at variable speeds, the unit allows you to adjust to the perfect speed for every cut.
- Blade Material: High-Speed Steel
- Product Dimensions: 14″L x 12.25″W x 3.25″H
- Voltage: 20 Volts
- Item Weight: 11 Pounds
BOSCH 120V Top Handle Jig Saw 6.5-Amp
Do you need the perfect jig saw to handle different cutting tasks? BOSCH 120V is a fantastic piece designed to bring about superior and precise cuttings. This product has a top-handle design, which makes sit comfy to hold when cutting. More interestingly, the unit has a tool-free change system, making it a breeze to alter the blades. Moreover, it comes with an adjustable dust blower to keep the working space clean for precise cuts. The powerful and efficient 6.5-Amp motor offers amazing functionality for precise and simple cutting.
This unit has up to four orbital action settings that provide excellent functionality and better speed regulation. Due to this, it ensures very smooth aggressive cuts. The versatile tool is recommended for cutting a wide range of materials like steel, aluminum, wood, and plastic among others. It is a corded jig saw, which will offer an interrupted cutting. The long cord allows for seamless maneuverability when cutting.
- Blade Material: High-Speed Steel
- Product Dimensions: 10″L x 3.5″W x 8.1″H
- Item Weight: 5.35 Pounds
How to Use a Jig Saw?
The jig saws are simple and easy to operate for different cutting tasks. To use the jig saw, you need to follow these simple steps.
- First and foremost, select the right blade depending on what you wish to cut. Attach the blade to the tool ready for operation.
- Secondly, you need to set up the jig saw. When setting the tool up, make sure it is unplugged or switched off. Loosen the bolts with the aid of an Allen wrench when attaching the blade then tighten.
- The third step should be setting the material. Make sure that you perfectly clamp the material you wish to cut. This will allow for precise control of the tool when cutting. Now hold the tool comfortably above the material to cut to the marked points. You need to regulate the cutting speeds and aggressiveness depending on what you wish to achieve.
- Lastly, you should clean up and unplug the jigsaw or switch off the cordless units before removing the blade.
How to Clean Jig Saw?
After every use, make sure to clean up the jig saw. This is done by blowing dust from the ventilation slots, which also aids in the removal of debris. This will keep the tool from overheating when working.
More interestingly, use a dry cloth to wipe the handle from oil, grease, and water after every use.
You will also need a damp cloth and mild soap to get rid of dirt and debris from the body of the tool.
Benefits of Jig Saw
- Highly Versatile: Since the jig saws can cut through different types of materials, you will find them excellent for your tasks. You can apply the tool for cutting metals like steel and aluminum, wood, plastic, fiberglass, and ceramic among others.
- Efficient and Precise Cutting: More interestingly, the jig saws are very powerful and efficient for great cutting. Run by high-performance motors, these tools generate higher torque and different speeds to deliver precise and efficient cutting.
Safe and Ergonomic: The safety of the jig saws makes them very reliable and perfect for most users. Irrespective of the skills, you can always use them safely. They feature safeguards that will keep the fingers away from the blades for safe operation. Still, they have ergonomic handles to allow for a comfortable hold when cutting.
When you need the best tool for DIY or professional cutting tasks, consider finding the best jig saw. This type of tool has been designed to deliver precise and efficient cutting on most tools. With the different types of blades, you will find them excellent for wood, metal ceramic, glass, and plastic among others. Besides this, the tools are safe and comfortable to use thanks to the ergonomic designs and safeguards. We have listed and reviewed some of the top-rated jig saws on the market you may consider.