Table of Contents
When you need the best lighting for your space, why not consider UFO LED high bay lights? These are elegant and quality lights shaped like UFOS; hence the name UFO lights. They are highly powerful lights you can use for illuminating larger spaces. For instance, you will get them excellent for warehouses, garages, shops, factories, and more. Besides this, you need to realize that the use of these lights is dependable on the height of the ceiling
Again, they are dimmable lights, you can use in most spaces to serve differently. There are myriad UFO high bay lights you will get suitable for your space. In most cases, folks will look for technicians to aid in the installation process. To save the installation cost, you can now install the lights in simple steps.
There are three different steps you can use to wire your UFO light. These include ceiling mount, hook mount, and ½” NPT mount.
Step1: Ceiling Mount
This is a method of installation mainly applicable for indoor uses and particular on certain lighting angles. To begin the process, you have to prepare a U-shaped bracket (Not included in the package). Still, you can use the frames to adjust the angle for proper lighting. Below are the steps to complete the wiring on the ceiling.
- Disconnecting the Power: First and foremost, you have to ensure safety when beginning – this is by cutting off the power. You should NOT wire the light when the power is on.
- Connect Wires: The second step will require you to connect the wires correctly. It is advisable to connect your AC power with the three wires, which are neutral line, ground wire, and live wire.
- Mount U-Shaped Bracket: With the U-shaped ready in place, carefully mount them on both sides on the high bay light. The mounting should be tightened using appropriate screws plus you need to ensure that the light is hanging with the frame.
- Hang U-Shaped Bracket: Once done with the mounting process, you should now hang. Measure the distance between the holes them mark them on the ceiling. The holes on the ceiling will aid you to drill at the diameter needed to tighten the screws. Now hammer carefully in the expansion tube then screw via the U-shaped bracket. This will ensure that you easily suspend the LED lights at the appropriate angle.
- Connect Dimmer: The next step should be connecting the dimmer to the light. The UFO LED high bay lights are dimmable from 1-10V, which is why you will need to connect the dimmer wires. The two wires have different colors for dimmable positively and negatively. This will make it a breeze to regulate the brightness of the light.
- Set the Angle and Switch On Power: Depending on the appropriate angle you need to get illuminated, adjust the U-shaped bracket to direct the light. You can adjust the bracket to any desired angle then you can now switch on your light for a quality lighting experience.
These are the six simple steps that anyone can follow to wire the UFO high bay lights on the ceilings. They are DIY procedures to carry out in minutes.
Step2: Hook Mount
When you don’t prefer the ceiling mount, you can opt for the hook mount, which has almost similar procedures to the ceiling mount. The hook mount is recommended when you need to use the lights outdoor. These are the six DIY steps for faster installation.
- Disconnect the Power
- Turning off the power is vital for every installation procedure. This will make sure that you stay safe from electric shocks when working.
- Wiring: This is the second step once you switch off the power. This step needs you to be very cautious. You should connect the light power to the AC, the white wire should connect with the neutral one, while the black cable connects to the live wire. Note that ant simple mistake may cause an electrical hazard.
- Screw Hook Hanger: When done with the wiring, get to screw the hook hanger. It becomes simple when the hook is mounted already. However, when it hasn’t been mounted, you have to drill a hole on the hook for mounting. The hook hanger may be included in the accessories. Now, get to attach the hook hanger to the top of the high bay light you have. Tighten the screws on the side to keep fully secure the hanger.
- Hang UFO Bay Light: To hang the bay light, you need to apply the hook hanger for simple mounting on the hook. In case no hook has been installed, you have to install it first.
- Attach the Dimmers: At this stage, you are almost done with the wiring. You should connect the dimmers. This applies to the UFO lights that have dimming functions. In the package, you will get two additional wires for connecting the dimmer. The two wires are purple and gray, which represent positive adjustment and negative adjustment respectively. Most of these units are dimmable from 1-10V.
- Switch On Power: Remember that you switched off the power at the beginning and now that you are done, you should turn on the power. Connect the switch to turn on lights for quality lighting.
Step3: The ½-Inch NPT Mount
This is the third method of mount you may also consider. The method is not any different despite it needing a steel pipe plus brackets. With the accessories in place, here are the quick steps to complete your installation.
Begin by securing the bracket to the light perfectly and keeping it steady. You then need to unscrew the nut on ½-Inch NPT. This is important for you to connect the steel pipe to the bracket. When properly connected, you should now tighten the nut. This will allow you to hang the steel pipe.
Connect the AC power to the matching wires correctly and then attach the dimmers when provided. Lastly, you can now switch on the lights.
We have summarized simple steps that will aid you in wiring your UFO high bay light. These steps are applicable depending on where you wish to install the light. Besides this, they are DIY procedures you can easily follow to install the lights.