Table of Contents
Facial massaging is a treatment that you can achieve on your own or with a specialist. The practice involves stimulating the face, shoulders, and neck pressure points. You can use cleansing balms, oils, or lotions with facial massages together with a flat gua sha tool or a facial roller. Whether you want to use facial massage to treat a specific condition or purely for relaxation, there are a lot of techniques to try.
In this article, we are going to discuss some of the benefits of having a facial massager, things to consider before buying one, and how to clean your facial massager tool.
Types of facial massagers
There are different types of facial massagers. Let’s discuss each one of them:
- Ice rollers
These types of facial massagers use cryotherapy or cold therapy to assist you to achieve temporary glowiness by bringing blood to the skin’s surface, boosting circulation, reducing puffiness & redness, and encouraging optimum cell function
- Gua Sha
These massagers are best for lymphatic drainage, facial sculpting, and increased circulation.
- Face rollers
There are many types of face rollers accessible on the market. They include spiked metallic rollers, studded jaw massagers, wooden rollers, and stone rollers (rose quartz and jade) the idea behind face rollers is that they usually massage your lymph system while draining any blockages or toxins in your face. Ideally, stone rollers usually provide added cooling benefits. The Spiked rollers are perfect for acupressure but you must make sure that you use them gently so that you do not damage your skin dermis.
- Face sculptor
This is a cooling and relaxing metal tool that mimics the facialist’s knuckles. This face massager kneads the skin for a toned and firm appearance while providing you with a facial lift right at your home. To use it, you just need to roll it over on your face skin after you apply serum for you to add life and plumpness to tired skin.
- Cleansing massager
This tool will assist with deep-cleansing action after face wash. This massager can assist remove oil, dirt, dead skin cells, and makeup residue better than your palms. Moreover, it exfoliates your skin and cleans your pores without being harsh.
- Electrical eye massager
This massager will make your peepers look awake and bright even on days you have not had enough sleep. This device will give the right kind of pressure to areas where your eyes are sensitive, assisting better absorption of serums and eye creams. These massagers have an oval-shaped design which makes them have better reach to all eye areas.
Things to Consider Before You Buy
When looking for the best facial massager, it is very essential to take some key considerations. Here are some things you need to look at before buying one:
- Skin Concern: The first thing you need to do is to identify your major skin concerns. Get a facial massager that will suit your skin type, routine, and concerns. Although most massagers come with anti-aging benefits, select a massager that offers light therapy to promote regeneration of cells and collagen production. If you want to reduce your ski dullness, make sure you use a face massager that features ultrasonic technology.
- Ease of use: It is important to look for a face massager that is very easy to use. Having a massager that is difficult to use then there is no need of having it. There are some face massagers that are hard to use, however, they come with many settings and features that need you to read the included manual very carefully. Make sure that you follow the instructions for you to easily use the massager effectively.
- Stability: The face massager that you choose must be stable on your face. Whenever you are using it, its vibrations should not be too strong to overwhelm you. This is because your face is made of soft tissues, therefore, make sure that it rolls gently on your face and it does not overdo it.
- Massaging Techniques: Most massagers offer oscillation, kneading, rolling, and tapping as their massaging techniques. Make sure that you select a massager that will suit your needs. Ultrasonic massages help to make your skin more elastic while eliminating wrinkles and scars and will improve your blood circulation. With photon or light therapy, you can achieve skin revitalization and regeneration.
Does Facial Massage Work?
No, and yes, any kind of face massager can offer lymphatic drainage benefits to assist your skin get rid of puffiness and eliminating toxins. You can select the tool of your choice- electric device, jade roller, whichever works for you. Moreover, Face massagers likewise assist your skin to absorb its favorite face moisturizers or serums. With that said, when it comes to de-inflaming and de-puffing, the facial massage effect will be short-term.
While face massagers are great and fun to use, they are not the end-all for anti-aging. You need to prioritize a good skincare routine since you want to maintain your skin health.
How do you use a facial massager?
Preparation: moisturize your facial skin and pat dry. You can apply a moisturizing cream or serum to your skin. Also, make sure that your face roller is dry and clean.
Using Rollers is self-explanatory, you just roll it like what you would do with a paint roller. You should pay attention to the direction. You should always roll it from the center of the face and roll outward. Remember that it is not a deep tissue massage hence you should be gentle on yourself. If you are feeling pain or leaving redness or lines, then you are pushing it to your hand. You should not apply too much pressure.
The Benefits of Having a Facial Massager
There are many benefits that are associated with a Facial Massager. Let’s look one by one:
- Anti-wrinkle and Anti-aging
One of the core advantages of a facial massager is its ability to enhance the skin’s appearance. According to research, for those who have been using facial massagers, there was an improvement in skin sagging, wrinkles, and skin texture.
- Sinus pressure
Provided it is not an infectious case, you can use a face massager to get rid of sinus pressure, congestion, and discomfort. What’s more, Sinus massage assists to boost circulation, alleviate headaches and promote the drainage of mucus.
Stimulating the skin via massaging may reduce the acne appearance and promote blood circulation. You can use olive oil massage as it can treat acne although the results may vary. Avoid any harsh exfoliants or motions, especially in sensitive areas.
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
Individuals who have TMJ conditions may feel uneasiness in the face or jaw. This can include lockjaw, earache, and headache. However, when you have trigger point massage, it can alleviate painful, inflamed, and tight jaw muscles. This discomfort may be due to teeth grinding, jaw clenching, or chewing.
- Glowing skin
If you want glowing and bright skin, then you may use a facial massager. Most people who have used facial massage have reported a feeling of rejuvenation and freshness. A facial massager also helps to boost circulation and relieve tight muscles which lead to glowing skin.
- Skin blood flow
When you use a facial massager roller, it can lead to a positive effect on your skin blood flow and this will assist in the appearance of your skin.
- Facial rejuvenation
A facial massager can enhance the relaxation and health of the skin while helping to relieve tension. In addition to that, if you have a scar on your face that is healing, having a facial massaging device can be beneficial. Massaging the scar area and the surrounding may loosen up nearby tissues, increase blood flow and flatten bumps.
How to clean your facial massager tool
It is recommended to regularly clean your facial massager after every use with water and antibacterial soap. Here are a few rules that you should follow:
- Wash the facial massager before and after use.
- Jade rollers and Gua sha can both be cleaned with soap and water.
- You should gently wipe Kansa wands with tea tree oil or soft cloth.
Oils, Dirt, caked-on makeup, yeast, and bacteria can be found on dirty massagers. Therefore, it is important to keep your facial massager clean.
Using toners and creams is not enough to keep your facial skin looking healthy and younger. You need to have the best facial massagers to keep the skin firm and improve elasticity. These tools are the perfect way to promote blood circulation and do-stress facial muscles. We hope that this article has helped you learn more about facial massagers.