Table of Contents
- Will the Plants in Aquarium Grow Under-LED lights?
- How to Set Up LED Lights in your Aquarium
- After installation, you will need to program the lighting to suit the condition of the aquarium.
- Care and Maintenance Tips for LED Aquarium Lighting
- Benefits of LED Aquarium Lighting
- Serves both Saltwater and Freshwater Water Tanks
- Easy Installation and Simple Control
Since an aquarium isn’t placed under direct sunlight rays, you will need to get artificial lights to boost the growth of the plants. LED aquarium lighting has been designed to suit all kinds of aquariums and provide natural sun-like lights. Because of this, it will greatly enhance the growth of fish and plants in your aquarium. Fitted with superior LED bulbs, they bring about excellent lighting and are also dimmable to variable light intensities. That said, the aquarium lights offer various colors that will serve better to give the elegant interior and exterior visual appeal.
Also, they are easier and faster to set up in minutes. The lights are flexible and versatile, which suits them for most conditions. Still, the LED lights do not cause more algae growth in the aquarium. In the below guide, we have discussed tips on how to care for and maintain the LED lights, installation tips, and benefits.
Will the Plants in Aquarium Grow Under-LED lights?
Without any doubt, the aquarium plants will perfectly thrive under the LED lights. This is because the LED lights offer full-spectrum lighting, which is equal to the effects of the natural sun. Due to this, it will enhance the proper and faster growth of the fish and plants in the aquarium.
How to Set Up LED Lights in your Aquarium
The installation steps of a LED aquarium light is relatively faster when you got all the needed material and follow the guideline.
- When you have all the items ready, start by fixing the hood of the lights. Mark the center of the PVC and then use a drill to create a hole.
- Fix two of the PVC endcaps to the inner of the hood and make sure that they have equal distance between them.
- After this, you are required to fix the other two PVC endcaps in the ideal positions. Again, you will need to drill another hole just above but between the PVC endcaps.
- When you get the hood ready, get the LED light and expand the sides to a level that fits the size of the aquarium.
- Make sure the lighting perfectly fits into the hood to keep it steady. Now, screw at all points needed.
- When in place, you will need to position the unit to the perfect angle for maximum lighting effect.
- Connect the LED lighting to the power supply. This will switch on the unit to provide excellent lighting to the aquarium.
After installation, you will need to program the lighting to suit the condition of the aquarium.
- Start by pressing the M button for a simple switch on. Using the same button, press to pick the preferred color for the aquarium.
- Also, you will need to press the same button twice to achieve the ideal 100% spectrum.
- For switching off the light, long-press the M button.
Care and Maintenance Tips for LED Aquarium Lighting
When you need to get a longer lifespan for your LED aquarium lights, here are some care and maintenance tips to consider.
- The LED lights are not waterproof, which means that you will need to keep the lights away from the aquarium. Getting in touch with water may lead to the malfunction of the lights.
- Secondly, keep the space where the lights are very ventilated. Even though these lights never heat the water in the aquarium, they will always generate heat upward. Due to increased heat, the lifespan of the bulbs will be shortened. This means that you will need to have proper ventilation to keep them cool for a longer lifespan.
- More interestingly, make sure that there aren’t any mineral deposits on LED strips. When the mineral salts get in touch with the strips, they will likely cause corrosion. This will mean that the strips will never last longer as expected.
- Regular cleaning of the strips is also recommended. Before cleaning, make sure that the light is switched off. Use a damp cloth to wipe off the minerals on the surface plus any deposit that may lead to corrosion. This will aid in extending the lifespan of the units.
- When installing, ensure that you position the lights in the best direction for maximum lighting effects. Also, you will need to dim the lights depending on the condition of the aquarium.
Benefits of LED Aquarium Lighting
For the best growth of the plants in the aquarium, you are going to need the ultimate LED lights. They offer different pros, which include.
- Allows for Light Intensity Adjustment: First and foremost, you can always adjust the right light intensity for the aquarium. They have adjustable light intensities that you can dim to the preferred level. For certain LED lights, you can adjust from 0-100% whereas other LED lights are dimmable from 10-100%. Due to this, they are excellent for supporting different conditions to boost the growth of the plants.
- Multiple Colors for Internal and External Visual Appeal: Did you know that LED lights are designed to provide variable colors in the aquarium? Some of the key colors you can switch the lights to include blue, white, and red. You should, therefore, find a LED light that has different color options to switch colors depending on what the aquarium needs plus the visual appeal to the outside.
- Don’t Heat the Water: Moreover, the LED lights designed for the aquarium will not heat the water, unlike other types of bulbs. Due to this, you will find them very safe and reliable to use in the aquarium. They work by providing excellent lighting with variable spectrums. Even though they don’t heat the water, make sure that the unit is placed in a well-ventilated space for great performance.
- Low Electricity Bill: Apart from providing quality lighting, the LED lights are good picks that will not raise the electricity bill. This is because they are energy-economical bulbs that consume up to 80% less. Because of this, the bulbs will not raise the electricity bill to a significant point.
- Longer Lifespan: The lifespan of LED aquarium lighting is amazing. They are bulbs that will serve for years to keep the aquarium lightened for better growth. Some of these bulbs have up to 50,000hrs lifespan; hence designed to serve longer. They will last for long since they don’t heat up.
Serves both Saltwater and Freshwater Water Tanks
- Today, most of the LED lights for aquariums are designed for both types of water. You can use them in saltwater marine tanks or even freshwater tanks. Because of this, they are great options that will serve better and efficiently in the aquarium. To add more, these units are highly versatile since they are applicable in fish tanks, coral reefs, and aquarium gardens among others.
Easy Installation and Simple Control
- Setting up the LED aquarium light is faster and quicker. This is because no detailed tasks are involved. You can always set up the lights relatively faster in minutes. That said, they also come with remote controls that allow for simple regulation of the functions. This will aid in programming the light modes, intensity, and much more.
High-Quality Natural Sun-Like Lights: The LED lights are excellent for boosting the fast growth of the plants in the aquarium. They are equipped with super-bright LED bulbs that will bring about natural sun-like lighting. This will make the plants feel like they are under the sun for healthy and natural growth.
Provides Good Coverage: Since the LED lights are evenly spread across the strips, they are ideal for offering good coverage on the aquarium. Most of these units have extra-large area coverage, making them suitable for different sizes of aquariums. Because of this, they are ideal for promoting uniform light distribution to boost the growth of all the plants.
Adjustable Fits: Whether you have a smaller or extra-large aquarium, most of these LED lights will properly fit in. They are adjustable units with some options moveable from 16-inches to 84-inches. When shopping for the products, always get a fully adjustable LED light you can adjust from both ends to fit in the aquarium. Such a unit will promote the even growth of all the plants.
Generally, the LED lights for aquariums are efficient and reliable. They apply to all types of aquariums and are considered very safe. They will not heat the water plus don’t boost the growth of more algae. That said, these lights are easy and simple to install plus equipped with handy remotes for easy regulation of the functions. Get the perfect aquarium LED lighting today to enhance the growth of the plants in the aquarium.