Table of Contents
Raising chickens in your home is a great investment. If you have fertilized eggs and you want to hatch them but you do not have a brooding hen. Then you need to get an egg incubator. These incubators are used to hatch eggs artificially. They work by keeping the eggs in an optimal environment for hatching by controlling factors such as humidity and temperature.
However, there are many models of incubators out there, so how do you know which one is best? That’s why we compiled this list of the top five best egg incubators for successful hatcheries.
Factors to Consider When Buying an Egg Incubators
Before purchasing any egg incubator, there are factors to consider you should be aware. These include the Capacity, the quality of the construction and its durability, Automation and Digital Display.
Capacity: When it comes to incubators, capacity is one of the most important factors to consider. After all, you want to be able to hatch as many eggs as possible at once. Ideally, Incubators come in many different shapes and sizes. Some can only incubate a few eggs while others can incubate thousands of them. Also, you need to consider the size of the yard or coop where your future chicks will be living. If you are a newbie and you have small space, then a small egg Incubator is perfect for you. On the other hand, if you have enough space for a large-sized egg, then you can go ahead and purchase a big one.
Accessibility: When looking at incubator reviews, you will notice that one of their biggest concerns is accessibility. If an incubator doesn’t have adequate ventilation or is difficult to open and close, you run into problems with temperature. If your eggs don’t hatch, it’s probably because of either insufficient ventilation or heat exposure (or both). Depending on your business model, of course, humidity levels are just as important. A hygrometer can help you ensure that the conditions are right. An indicator light should let you know when the incubator needs attention, such as adding water to regulate humidity or turning off the heating device if there’s no need for any more warmth.
Automation: It can be advantageous to use an automated incubator. In many cases, they’re self-sustaining, so you don’t need to add water or adjust other environmental factors every day. This means you can keep your eggs comfortable even if you go on vacation or have a busy schedule. Moreover, you can be able to learn and watch your progress without the risk of losing the eggs. Some of the automation features you should look at include:
- Automatic Temperature Control- the ventilation of the incubator needs to be continuously adjusted in order to keep the chicks healthy. The vents should close and open on their own, without having a manual operation.
- Automatic egg turner- get an automated incubator that has automatic turners to continuously rotate the eggs to have even exposure to the heat source.
- Auto-stop- 3 days before the estimated hatch date, an automated incubator should stop turning the eggs until hatching.
Digital Display: Digital displays make it easy to know how your incubator is performing. Temperature data, humidity levels, and other information may be displayed on digital displays depending on your needs. Temperatures that are under 84 degrees Fahrenheit or over 104 degrees Fahrenheit can kill the egg’s embryos within a few hours. Therefore, with a digital display, you will get to know when the temperature goes wrong. You won’t lose any eggs this way. In addition, it also lets you know if the humidity level is too low or too high which could affect development rates and hatchability rates.
Material: The construction materials usually affect how effective they will be and how long they will survive. With that, it is essential to look at the material used in construction and make sure that it is made from high-quality materials. PC and ABS Plastics are ideal materials for incubators since they are simple to clean and they last for long.
What are the best egg incubators?
If you want to make your hatchery successful, it is important to buy the best incubator. The best egg incubator should be easy to use and require little or no maintenance. Here are our top five best egg incubators for 2023:
Manna Pro Harris Egg Incubators
The Manna Pro Harris Egg Incubator is one of the best on the market, perfect for those who want to start their own hatchery. It can accommodate up to 22-24 pheasant eggs, 12-18 duck eggs, and 22 chicken eggs, with a turner included. The digital display makes it easy to monitor temperature and humidity, while the automatic shut-off prevents overheating. With its 360° visibility, you can be able to see clearly on top of the incubator and this makes it perfect for educational observation. Its automatic egg turner helps to ease the incubation process while stimulating the chick to hatch for a higher hatch rate.
This egg incubator comes with a timer that will start a countdown from 21 days when you plug it in. when the countdown reaches3 days before hatch, then it will automatically stop and it will stay off. Made from strong plastic materials, this egg incubator is durable and long-lasting. Weighing just 11 pounds, it’s also lightweight enough to be portable. If you’re serious about starting your own hatchery, the Manna Pro Harris Egg Incubator is the way to go.
- Material: Plastic
- Egg capacity: 22
- Product dimension: 7 x 13 x 13 inches
- Product weight: 6.75 Pounds
- It has a Clear top that allows easy observation for educational purposes
- Has induced airflows that provide optimal temperature stability and air circulation
- It has a large capacity and it can support a couple of eggs
- Very small and compact
- Can hold a variety of egg sizes
- Humidity is hard to maintain
KEBONNIXS 12 Egg Incubators for Hatching Chickens
If you’re looking for an egg incubators that can handle a large number of eggs, the KEBONNIXS 12 is a great option. It can accommodate up to 12 chicken eggs and has an automatic temperature control system to keep your eggs at a consistent temperature. The KEBONNIXS also has an egg-turning function to ensure that your eggs are evenly incubated. Unlike other incubators, this one has an advanced Temperature Prediction and Tracking technology that can track and record temperatures three times per second. This helps to offset possible temperature fluctuation and will bring a stable temperature to improve the hatch rate.
This egg incubator has an Induced airflow system that is driven by a strong circulating fan to ensure stable temperature distribution. In addition to that, it comes with an additional egg Candler thus saving you more money that you could use to purchase a candler to observe the development of the eggs. For every 60 minutes, the eggs will be rolled to a certain angle to increase the hatch rate. It also has a built-in timer that allows you to keep track of the number of days remaining.
- Capacity: 12 Egg
- Voltage: 12 volts
- Construction materials: plastic
- Product dimension: 11.4 x 10.2 x 6.7 inches
- Product weight: 3.64 Pounds
- It ensures stable temperature distribution to improve the hatch rate
- Comes with a build egg candler that allows you to observe egg development
- Automatically turn off three days before hatching day
- Easy to read temperature indicator.
- Very good value for money.
- Difficulty holding larger eggs.
Magicfly Digital Fully Automatic Mini 9-12 Egg Incubators
The Magicfly Digital Fully Automatic Mini Egg Incubator is a great choice for those who are looking for an incubator that is easy to use and comes with everything you need to get started. This incubator has a clear viewing window so you can check on your eggs without opening the incubator, and it also has an automatic egg turning feature to keep your eggs safe and healthy. This high-quality unit is made from healthy PP+ABS material that is durable and you can use it over and over again. Ideally, this mini incubator can fit 9 to 12 eggs and you can also use it to hatch fowl, ducks, chickens, and geese.
With its automatic temperature controlling function, it will ensure that this incubator has an optimistic environment. Moreover, it has an automatic egg turner hence you do not require to turn the eggs manually. This reliable and simple egg incubator is fun for households or for a family who wants to incubate chickens. It has an ambient temperature of 10 to 40℃ and it is included with a Power cable with a US plug and a user manual.
- Construction materials: PP+ABS material
- Capacity: 9-12 Eggs
- Operating voltage: 100~110V
- Certification: Rohs, C-tick, and CE Approved
- Ambient temperature: 10~40℃
- It is a great egg incubator for incubating ducks, chickens, or geese’ eggs
- It’s a reliable and simple egg incubator for the household to begin incubating chickens
- Comes with an automatic egg turner hence you do not require to turn eggs automatically
- Included with a User manual which makes it very easy to use
- Plenty of airflows
- Easy-to-read temperature indicator
- The plastic is a bit hazy making it annoying to watch the hatch process
Apdoe Egg Incubators with Automatic Egg Turner
If you’re looking for an egg incubators that can do it all, the Apdoe is a great choice. It has an automatic egg turner to keep your eggs properly rotated, plus digital temperature and humidity control to ensure optimal conditions for hatching. It’s also large enough to accommodate up to 35 chicken eggs, making it great for small-scale commercial operations. It comes with a visible transparent lid which makes it perfect for observing the egg hatch and development. Many people love this egg turner because it is ideal for breeding a variety of eggs and is easy to assemble. It has incubate35 quail eggs, 4 goose eggs, 9 duck eggs, turkey eggs, 12-15 chicken eggs, birds eggs, etc.
Its automatic egg turner allows it to rotate the eggs every two hours to ensure that it is heated evenly while improving the hatching process. It is also included with an adjustable and removable egg tray wif grille that houses the eggs and separates them during incubation. The LED display Temperature Control enables you to set the right temperature and you can be able to receive both low and high-temperature alerts. The package is included with Spray Bottle, Power Cable, and user manual.
- Brand: Apdoe
- Capacity: 12-15 chicken eggs
- Materials: PC+ABS
- Voltage: 110-120V
- Ambient temperature: 20~39.5℃
- Ideal for breeding a variety of eggs and it is very easy to assemble
- Has Built-in water channels that help to control humidity levels
- Included with adjustable egg trays that separate eggs during incubation
- Automatic turner included
- The smaller size makes it more portable
- Can struggle to turn heavier or larger eggs
Nollapo 12-24 Egg Incubators
If you have not been successful with any other incubator, then it is time to try this one out. The Nollapo Egg Incubator has multiple features that will allow your eggs to hatch at the highest success rate possible. First of all, it has easy-to-use temperature control and also has a clear cover so that you can check on your eggs at any given moment without having to open the egg incubator. In addition to that, it is a larger egg incubator that can hold 24 small size eggs or 18 large size eggs when hatching. It is very easy to clean and easy to use hence saving much of your time.
This Egg Incubator has a patented temperature cycle design and water injection hole that allows you to add water easily. Which will minimize humidity and Temperature loss while improving the hatching effect. What’s more, the eggs will automatically rotate in every two hours to enhance the hatching speed. The transparent plastic cover enables you to watch the whole process and you can easily learn and cultivate a kid’s exploration of life.
- Brand: Nollapo
- Package Dimensions: 14.21 x 13.78 x 7.8 inches
- Product weight: 4.38 pounds
- Capacity: 12-24 Egg
- It accommodates more eggs and it is very easy to use
- It has a Transparent Plastic Cover to enable you to see the hatching process
- Automatically rotate the eggs every 2 hours to enhance the hatching speed
- Simple and sturdy
- The screen shows live temperature.
- No hygrometer
If you’re planning to start a hatchery, then you’ll need a reliable egg incubator. In this post, we discussed the top five best egg incubators for successful hatcheries as well as the buyer’s guide. We hope this post will be helpful to your business.
Leave a Reply