Table of Contents
Fans and lights are essential in every house as we need a fan to relieve heat during summer and lights to provide a sense of security. If we do not have these two, we will feel extremely inconvenient and uncomfortable every day, such as getting insecure, frustrated, and hot. Nowadays, most modern ceiling fans are usually integrated with lighting to illuminate the room at night. Hence, if you want to install one, you should make sure that it comes with led lights so that it can give off bright illumination at night when needed. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the benefits of having a ceiling fan with led lights.
Types of Ceiling Fan
There are two types of ceiling fans which include a ceiling fan with light and a ceiling fan without light. A ceiling fan with lights has two functions. It will cool down your room during the hot season as well as lighten up your house at night. These lights will not only make your room appear elegant but also saves you a lot of cost of purchasing a fan and lights separately. On the other hand, a ceiling fan without lights is only designed to circulate the air to cool down your room. They do not come with led lights hence, you need to go back to the market to purchase bulbs to lighten your room.
A ceiling fan is an essential addition to any home. Not only do they cool your room during hot summer days, but they also circulate air through your house keeping it fresh. You don’t need to install them in all rooms. You can enjoy their benefits without spending too much money on them.
There are many excellent options to choose from, but there are some specifics you need to know when looking to buy one. The first thing you’ll want to think about is how big your room is. Are you trying to cool down a large room like an attic? Or do you just want something for your bedroom? Look at the length of the blade as well, if the size is an issue in smaller rooms because it can affect air circulation, making it feel stuffy. You also want to make sure that the fan has good airflow, otherwise, it will blow all the hot air back onto you.
Another factor is whether or not the fan comes with any type of remote control or special features such as a timer function. A remote makes things much easier on everyone! Finally, consider what type of lighting you want. Do you want more than just ceiling fans with light bulbs, or do you prefer a more natural look with led lights? Therefore, before purchasing any ceiling fan with light consider all those factors.
How to install a ceiling fan with led light?
Here are some steps on how to install a ceiling fan:
- Turn off the power before removing the light fixture, or it will cause an electric shock.
- Choose your location where the air will circulate perfectly throughout the room. It is recommended to choose the center of the room. Also, near your seating area or dining table is a great choice if you are mounting a fan with a light kit. Aim to install the ceiling fan eight feet or more from the floor. Check the ceiling to make sure that it is not damaged.
- Take out the old light fixture by unscrewing the screws that hold it in place and remove all wires connected to it, then remove any remaining pieces of insulation around it that may have been used as a sealant
- Use wire connectors to attach the new light fixture
- Connect the wiring connections according to instructions, and use screws to fasten them into place. The installation is now complete
Maintenance and Care Tips
There is nothing more frustrating than when sleeping in bed only to be disturbed by uncomfortable and distracting noises from a ceiling fan. Here are some tips on how to keep your ceiling can working more efficiently:
- Always clean the Ceiling fan with led light with a dry soft fabric to remove dirt or debris
- Before cleaning your ceiling fan, make sure that it is turned off and unplugged to avoid electrical shock. Once you are sure that your ceiling fan is unplugged, you can proceed to gently dust it using a feather duster or dry paintbrush.
- Tighten all screws if your screws seem loose, tighten them up. That way there will be less of a chance of them coming undone.
- Lubricate the fan motor once every 6 months- When lubricating the motor, use a few drops of oil onto the moving parts.
Having a ceiling fan with light will help you stay cool during the summer, save money on your utility bills, make your home feel more comfortable, and give you a nice ambiance. We hope now you can invest in a ceiling fan that fits your budget and desires.